I think that Ryan Edward and I met on Facebook. He was new to tarot and I was looking for anyone in the area who liked reading cards. We got along immediately and I found out that not only is Ryan a gifted reader, but a wonderful artist, as well. He designed my first website and my logo fox, Ed, who is named after him.
Ryan went about learning cards in a wonderful way. He studied. He studied the history of playing cards, Lenormand and tarot. He researched the position of the character's hands, heads, why the sun has that many lines, etc. If you're ever wondering who the figure is in the Nine of Swords, ask Ryan. (I did - it's Juliet after Mercutio dies)
Ryan has turned a curiosity into a passion and a passion into some truly beautiful art. His latest offering is the Maybe Lenormand, which is so beautiful, I'm going to get one and let Ryan teach me how to read Lenormand. Finally.
I know for sure that he has at least two more decks...um...on deck. Keep an eye on this guy. He is such a treasure.
Tarot Questionnaire Thinger:
1. What you appreciate the most in your friends.Patience. I have a lot of quirks.
2. Your idea of happiness.Breakfast.
3. Your idea of misery.Stress without solution.
4. Where would you like to live?In the woods, but with access to sun and water. Preferably in a geodesic dome.
5. Your favorite colors and flowers.Yellow. I like all flowers, except snapdragons. They make me sneeze. So non-snapdragon yellow flowers?
6. Your favorite poets.Ovid, but I must admit I'm a little dim when it comes to poetry.
7. Your heroes in fiction.Atticus Finch. My first half of college was spent pre-law because of him.
8. Your heroines in fiction.Scout Finch. I wish I had her grit.
9. Your heroes in real life.Both Grandpas.
10. Yourheroines in real life?Mom and my Great Aunt Jane.
11. What is your present state of mind?Worrying about things I probably shouldn't.
12. What is your favorite tarot deck or divination tool?Bah! As if I had to choose one to take with me on an island? Poker deck. Or the Jean Dodal. I know that's two, sorry not sorry. ;) That's more or less what I'm creating the Playing Marseille, to merge Tarot with playing cards into a single pack.
13. Your favorite songs?Right now it's 'Sinnerman' from Nina Simone and 'Bring it Home to Me' from Sam Cooke (Harlem Square Live recording).
14. What is your favorite word?Elixir.
15. What is your least favorite word?Is 'trickle-down-economics' one word?
16. What sound or noise do you love?Crickets.
17. What sound or noise do you hate?Gunshots.
18. What turns you on?Sunlight.
19. What turns you off?Noise.
20. What is your favorite curse word?Fuck.
21. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?"Shoes optional."