I found Camelia Elias in a roundabout way. My friend, Ryan Edward, artist and cartographer extraordinaire, took classes with her a few years ago, and they became friends. When Ryan and I got together, I would get to learn second-hand about Camelia's view of the cards and reading and the world, and I became fascinated.
Even the way she offers readings on her site is wonderful "Few cards on the table" "Many cards on the table". I've struggled in the past with pricing my readings, because I don't time them. My solution was "60 minute-ish reading". Hers is much more grand.
I like the straightforward perspective and fierceness that Camelia shows in her writing and work, and I feel this visceral appreciation for the honesty with which she approaches the cards.
Thank you, Ryan, for introducing me to a new teacher.
Thank you, Camelia, for letting us learn more about you.
1. What you appreciate the most in your friends.
Their silence. Their silent declarations of love, loyalty, and devotion. Zero words, thank you.
2. Your idea of happiness.
Being in the now.
3. Your idea of misery.
I practice the act of acceptance. I don't entertain any illusions of either happiness or misery. I
see things as they are, and rejoice in them all. Hallelujah.
4. Your favorite colors and flowers.
Indigo blue and tulips.
5. Your favorite poets.
Charles Simic, Adrienne Rich, Rabindranath Tagore, Kyong Ho Sunim, Huineng, Ikkuyu, Kukai
6. Your heroes/heroines in fiction.
Swordsmen and swordswomen. Martial arts characters, especially the ones that follow the
Japanese school of Sword of No-Abode.
7. What role does divination play in your life?
I do it all the time.
8. Your heroes/heroines in real life.
9. What is your present state of mind?
I am eating huge, juicy, and sour-sweet raspberries right now. Perfect bliss.
10. What is your favorite tarot deck or divination tool?
11. Your favorite songs?
12. What is your favorite word?
13. What is your least favorite word?
14. What sound or noise do you love?
15. What sound or noise do you hate?
16. What turns you on?
17. What turns you off?
18. What is your favorite curse word?
19. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Damn, another Zen bitch
You can find Camelia here - http://www.cameliaelias.com/ and here - https://taroflexions.wordpress.com/