It’s official - April’s come to an end, and so has the A to Z challenge. If you’ve been meaning to catch up, here’s the last handful of blog posts I wrote as part of this challenge.
Weirdly, I’ve done dozens of interviews of other people but have never taken this questionnaire myself. Weird! I’m generally not a fan of talking about myself, so you can find podcasts of me doing that here, here, and here.
I’m a reader, a writer, a mom, a partner and a nerd. I’m a happy person and feel like gratitude makes everything better. It’s like cheese in that way.
Speaking of cheese, here’s my LFT Questionnaire.
1. What you appreciate the most in your friends?
They are joyfully silly with me, and in a breath will tell me that I’m being an idiot, and then will be silly with me again. You can’t fake that kind of honesty.
2. Your idea of happiness?
I’m honestly in it. I love my family, my work, my pets, my life. I’m in it.
3. Your idea of misery?
Hey, let’s sit for an hour in traffic each way to a job where they treat you like shit and make you wear uncomfortable shoes, high five.
4. Where would you like to live?
I love my house, but I would like to live near the ocean someday
5. Your favorite colors and flowers?
Blue and orange, and tulips, ranunculus...anything that is all BLAM right in your face beautiful
6. Your favorite poets?
E.E. Cummings, Buddy Wakefield, Lawrence Ferlinghetti
7. Your heroes/heroines in fiction?
Jilly Coppercorn, Kvothe, Harry Dresden, Jo March, Meg Murray
8. What role does divination play in your life?
It’s my favorite thing in the world to do. I breathe it in every day. It’s my thing. You know how everyone has a thing that brings them to life? This is my thing.
9. Your heroes/heroines in real life?
My family, my friends. People who resist.
10. What is your present state of mind?
11. What is your favorite tarot deck or divination tool?
The Shadowscapes tarot
12. Your favorite songs?
Bring it On Home to Me - Sam Cooke
Anything by Brandi Carlile or the Avett Brothers
13. What is your favorite word?
Murmuration and susurration
14. What is your least favorite word?
15. What sound or noise do you love?
I love hearing my kid’s voices.
16. What sound or noise do you hate?
Animals or people in pain and metal on metal
17. What turns you on?
18. What turns you off?
Bad smells, mean people
19. What is your favorite curse word?
Fuck. Fuck, fuckity fuck fuck fuck.
20. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Good job, sweetheart. Come and give me a hug.